When sprinter Tommie Smith took the gold in the 200 meters in a world-record-setting time at the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City, he used his moment on the podium to enter the history books. After he received his medal, Smith bowed his head and raised his fist in a silent gesture which drew attention to human rights abuses and discrimination. PUMA's PWR Thru Peace collection commemorates Tommie's Silent Gesture, and features graphics designed by Lance Wyman, creator of the logo of the '68 Olympics.
Celebrate 50 years of iconic street style with a PWR Thru Peace x Asia edition of the shoe that made the PUMA name, The Suede. With all the hallmarks of the classic version, including a suede upper and the famous narrow tooling, this special iteration features a vibrant red base with fixed mini buttons representing the Olympic colours and the PWR Thru Peace campaign.
- Suede upper
- Lace closure
- Rubber midsole and outsole
- Suede 50 and PUMA x Lance Wyman dove logo labels at tongue
- Three fixed mini buttons on the lateral side
- Embroidered PUMA Formstrip in the five Olympic colours at both sides
- PUMA x Lance Wyman dove logo graphic at heel